The House Manager’s Network is a premiere domestic staffing and management firm. Our international network of top-tier talented professionals in categories such as household managers, housekeepers, childcare providers, companions, private chefs, personal assistants and more are ready to aid in an instant. Currently, we are seeking a wonderful full time live-in housekeeper for a family of 6 in Manhattan, NYC. The pay is based on experience and benefits are offered after a trial period. The family is looking for someone to stay with them long term and longevity in prior position is appreciated.
Job location: NYC
Busy, formal household seeking to hire an energetic and experienced full time “live- in” housekeeper for 9,000 square foot home.
- Take extreme care in handling and cleaning household items, properties, vessels and other valuables
- Laundry, dry cleaning and ironing for household
- Pay attention to small details and maintain high standards of household specifications
- Keep accurate and detailed inventory of household products and work with manager on replenishment
- Work closely with manager on scheduling home maintenance and repair work
- Organization and maintenance of closets, cupboards and pantries including inventory list
- Assist with event planning, organization and coordination of all entertaining
- Assist with formal and informal service
- Follow dress code
- Participate with the day to day service for principals in the residence
- Occasionally participate with house staff with special projects for the care of finishes and furnishings
- Occasionally run errands, shop for food, supplies and other requested items
- Light food prep and serving when needed
- Fulfill other projects as assigned to ensure smooth operations
– Minimum of 5+ years related housekeeping work experience in a private home.
– Must be comfortable taking direction from House Manager
– Must be a team player and enjoy working with others
– Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
– Valid U.S. drivers license is required
– Must have reliable transportation
– Must be able to speak and write English.
– Must have verifiable references
– Local candidates only
– After 3 months, comprehensive benefits package provided
Hours are Friday – Tuesday 10:30am – 7:00pm. Must be flexible as overtime may be required
Please apply if you feel you fit the criteria.