Job location: Washington, DC.
An active family is seeking a live-out nanny to create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for their young children. Nanny will be responsible for all tasks related to care of the children, serving as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion. The nanny will not act as a sitter, but rather a playmate, sports and outdoors enthusiast, mentor, educator, and entertainer.
- Experienced working with preschool and school-aged children.
- Experienced with 2+ children in a domestic setting.
- Willing to work collaboratively with parents and assist with developmental milestones.
- Prepare children for school and accompany them to/from school.
- Carefully research and propose age appropriate local activities and resources, register attendance, and accompany to activities.
- Able to transport children to and from play dates, outings, classes.
- Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when necessary, but also capable of being laid back and fun).
- Good management skills with toy organization, closet systems, and toiletries.
- Develop and implement sanitation schedule of toys, surfaces, handles, etc.
- Guide children on etiquette and manners.
- Experienced in play-based learning and creating educational activities, lesson planning.
- Engage activities at home, scheduled outings, themed weekends, etc.
- Manage seasonal wardrobes and clothing size rotations.
- Handwash delicates.
- Develop children’s independence; help them be self-motivated.
- Assist children with homework and school projects in an interesting, engaging manner.
- Liaise with children’s schools, track and report to parents on school progress.
- Ensure children’s timetable is adequate and allows for the day to run smoothly.
- Able to prepare fresh and healthy snacks. Work with Chef to develop child-friendly menus.
- Capable of building rapport with children.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically whenever necessary.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused.
- Attentive to Principals’ preferences and style.
- Intuitive to the needs of the children.
- Professional presentation of self and great personality.
- Ability to easily take direction.
- Active and fit
- Well groomed, professional appearance.
- Long-term intent.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Creative, energetic, positive, happy, nurturing, calm demeanor.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Proactive, resourceful and take initiative to get things done.
- Ability to multitask.
- Willing to assist with the day-to-day functioning of a busy family and household.
- Willing to travel with family on school vacations and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Early Childhood Development.
- 5+ years of consistent and recent nanny experience in a private home setting.
- 3-4 outstanding references from current and previous professional positions. References will be verified.
- Seeking longevity (e.g., 7-10+ year commitment).
- Superb command of the English language, both written and oral, is required.
- Technically savvy. Familiar with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Calendar.
- Understands that the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Live within close proximity to the family’s residence.
- Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, and drug tests.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Immunizations (e.g., TDap, MMR, Flu-shot)
- Legal to work in the United States.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $35.00 to $50.00 /hour