Job location: Hoboken, NJ
Job Title: Nanny
Start date: June
An active family in Hoboken, NJ is seeking a live-out nanny to create a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for their young 2-year old child. Nanny will be responsible for all tasks related to care of the child, serving as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion. The nanny will not act as a sitter, but rather a playmate, sports and outdoors enthusiast, mentor, educator, and entertainer.
• Experienced working with preschool and school-aged children.
• Experienced with schedule management for classes, playdates
• Willing to work collaboratively with parents and assist with developmental milestones.
• Carefully research and propose age appropriate local activities and resources, register attendance, and accompany to activities.
• Able to transport child to and from play dates, outings, classes.
• Knowledgeable about child development (e.g., firm when necessary, but also capable of being laid back and fun).
• Good management skills with toy organization, closet systems, and toiletries.
• Develop and implement sanitation schedule of toys, surfaces, handles, etc.
• Guide children on etiquette and manners.
• Experienced in play-based learning and creating educational activities, lesson planning.
• Develop children’s independence; help them be self-motivated.
• Ensure children’s timetable is adequate and allows for the day to run smoothly.
• Able to prepare fresh and healthy snacks.
• Capable of building rapport with child and other families, nannies in Hoboken, NJ
• Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused.
• Attentive to Principals’ preferences and style.
• Intuitive to the needs of the children.
• Professional presentation of self and great personality.
• Ability to easily take direction.
• Active and fit
• Well groomed, professional appearance.
• Long-term intent.
• Reliability and punctuality.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Creative, energetic, positive, happy, nurturing, calm demeanor.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Proactive, resourceful and take initiative to get things done.
• Ability to multitask.
• Willing to assist with the day-to-day functioning of a busy family and household.
• Willing to travel with family on school vacations and holidays.
• College degree is welcomed!
• 3+ years of consistent and recent nanny experience in a private home setting.
• 3-4 outstanding references from current and previous professional positions. References will be verified.
• Seeking longevity (e.g., 2-3 year commitment).
• Superb command of the English language, both written and oral, is required.
• Understands that the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are required.
• Live within close proximity to the family’s residence in Hoboken, NJ.
• Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, and drug tests.
• Driver’s license and clean driving record.
• CPR and First Aid certification
• Immunizations (e.g., TDap, MMR, Flu-shot)
• Legal to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time 8AM-5PM
Salary: $25+ based on experience