Manhattan NYC – Live Out Housekeeper
JOB REF: 05192022A JOB: 05192022A
The House Manager’s Network is a premiere domestic staffing and management firm. Our international network of top-tier talented professionals in categories such as household managers, housekeepers, childcare providers, companions, private chefs, personal assistants and more are ready to aid in an instant. We service NYC, NJ, FL and Puerto Rico!
Currently, we are seeking a wonderful full time live-out housekeeper for a sweet family located in Manhattan on 5th Ave. Family is looking for a full-hands on housekeeper with laundry skills and help with cooking and some personal assistance (ex: drop off dry cleaning or schedule dry cleaning, drop off mail at postoffice). The mom is a stay-at home-mom and is very hands on, this is why a great communicator will work wonders! The home is about 6000sq.ft. and its 4 floors. The position is about 80% housekeeping, 5% childcare (in case the need a pickup or the nanny is late) and 15% errands and personal tasks. Schedule is full-time, but the family would like someone with flexible availability. The family is looking for someone to stay with them long term and longevity in prior position is appreciated.
Job location: 5th Ave, NYC
- Take extreme care in handling and cleaning household items & property
- Kitchen and common areas should be paid attention to on a daily basis
- Laundry, dry cleaning and ironing for household
- Pay attention to small details and maintain high standards of household specifications
- Keep accurate and detailed inventory of household products and work with principal on replenishment
- Work closely with scheduling home maintenance and repair work
- Organization and maintenance of closets, cupboards and pantries
- Assist with formal and informal service
- Follow dress code – family likes someone presentable (collared shirt with black or khaki pants would work great)
- Participate with the day-to-day service for principals in the residence
- Occasionally run errands, shop for food, supplies and other requested items
- Full cooking and meal prepping 3X a week, serving when needed
- Fulfill other projects as assigned to ensure smooth operations
The family has a 5 year old and does employ a full time nanny, but would welcome a candidate who is open to fill in in case the nanny is sick or on vacation.
Personal Errands and special requests 15%
- Vacation/Sick day coverage for nanny if needed
- Emergency calls if needed and open to work overtime or date nights
Fluency in English is a must for this position!
Excellent communication skills
Must have exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities with prioritization and efficiency
Positive, friendly, professional with excellent presentation skills and utmost discretion at all times.
Minimum of 5+ years related housekeeping work experience in a private home.
Must be comfortable taking direction from principals, House Manager, ect.
Must be a team player and enjoy working with others
Must be legally able to work in the USA
Valid driver’s license
Must have verifiable references
Local candidates only
CPR/First aid certified or willing to get certified
After trial period, 2 weeks’ vacation, end of year bonus
Hours are Monday-Friday. Must be flexible as overtime may be required
Someone who needs to constantly text while they’re at work.
The family would like someone who does not overstep their boundaries.
The family’s and children’s privacy is really important!
Punctuality – someone who can show up on time. Someone who can read a room but be a natural, polite part of the home and can be sweet to all of the family members. Someone social enough to care about the family but also someone who can know their place as a professional Domestic Assistant in the home.
No one who oversteps boundaries and texts the family personal messages, it should just be about work.
Takes great advice form the mom and follows her guidelines for discipline style as she wants the assistant to be an extension of kind and loving parenting.
Compensation: Starting at $35+ DOE
Please apply if you feel you fit the criteria.
Provide your resume, cover letter and references if available. You can email your requirements here: