Job location: Summit, NJ
Job Title: Babysitter
Start date: January 2023
An active family in Summit, NJ is seeking a babysitter with a DL for pickups from school @2:40 PM and keep an active 6 and 9 year old entertained till 8PM. Babysitter will be responsible for all tasks related to care of the child, serving as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion. The sitter will function as a playmate, sports and outdoors enthusiast, mentor, educator, and entertainer.
• Experienced working with school-aged children.
• Experienced with schedule management for classes, playdates
• Willing to work collaboratively with parents and assist with developmental milestones.
• Carefully research and propose age appropriate local activities and resources, register attendance, and accompany to activities.
• Able to transport child to and from play dates, outings, classes mandator DL the family has a car for Sitters use.
• Guide children on etiquette and manners.
• Develop children’s independence; help them be self-motivated.
• Able to prepare fresh and healthy after school snacks.
• Capable of building rapport with child and other families, nannies in Summit, NJ
• Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused.
• Attentive to Principals’ preferences and style.
• Intuitive to the needs of the children.
• Professional presentation of self and great personality.
• Ability to easily take direction.
• Active and fit
• Well groomed, professional appearance.
• Long-term intent.
• Reliability and punctuality.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Flexible schedule.
• Creative, energetic, positive, happy, nurturing, calm demeanor.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Proactive, resourceful and take initiative to get things done.
• Ability to multitask.
• Willing to assist with the day-to-day functioning of a busy family and household.
• Willing to travel with family on school vacations and holidays.
• Current College student is welcomed!
• 1+ years of consistent and recent childcare experience in a private home setting.
• 3 outstanding references from current and previous professional positions. References will be verified.
• Seeking longevity for at least 2 years!
• Superb command of the English language, both written and oral, is required.
• Understands that the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are required, Spanish and French a major++.
• Live within close proximity to the family’s residence in Summit, NJ
• Driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Immunizations (e.g., TDap, MMR, Flu-shot)
• Legal to work in the United States.
Job Type: Part Time paid for 30HRS
Salary: $23+ based on experience
The House Managers Network provides private placement services in NJ | CT| NYC | CA | FL | Puerto Rico